Friday, July 8, 2011

There I Go Again...

"If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall." - 1 Cor. 10:12



This is me...no not really, but this is what I do...I fall on my face. Sometimes I think I fall on my face more than I stand. All it takes is one moment of weakness & BAM! the Devil moves in. He throws that temptation your way...whatever it is that gets you. It might be your temper or attitude, drugs or alcohol, or sexual temptation.
"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. " - 1 Peter 5:8
The devil is a stalker. He watches us & waits until we are at our weakest and most vulnerable point & he pounces! I hate the devil! He can't make us sin by giving into temptation, but he sure can throw the temptation at us. Then we find ourselves face down after a hard fall. I am so thankful for God's great mercy and his amazing Love. He is so patient with me even though I don't deserve it.
I'm so ready for heaven! No more falling on my face.
"But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness."- 1 John 1:9
I'm so glad that all I have to do is ask God for his forgiveness & really be sorry for what I've done & he will forgive me. & if he'll do it for me, he will most definately do it for you. (Although that doesn't give us a license to sin)
So if you're like me, an imperfect human trying to be like a perfect God & you find yourself falling on your face more than you're willing to admit, just remember God is faithful & he is more than willing to forgive us, pick us up, set our feet on the right path, & give us the strength to fight against temptation. I am so thankful! Aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment