Tuesday, July 5, 2011

His Grace Still Amazes Me!!!

This year is past it's halfway point & I already know this is a year I will NEVER forget. I've made my share of mistakes (& plenty more than my share), but God is so good. I've learned alot about God's love for me & I am so thankful that there is nothing that can seperate me from his love...no matter what I have done he always will love me. There's no such thing as going too far that God can't reach you...God has an unlimited long distance plan with his love lol :)
I've learned so much about what true friendship is & I'm so blessed. Some people go through their whole life never knowing what it is to have a true friend....a friend who is there no matter what...praises with you in the good times and prays with you & for you in the bad times...a friend who shows the kinda love that only God could show...I AM BLESSED!
And I've learned alot about family. You may not agree with everything and everyone but no matter what you do, they're still your family & God has trusted you to that family for some reason. We may not understand it, but God doesn't make mistakes so yeah your family is your family for some reason lol...just accept it haha. But seriously you can run away, change your name, etc but you won't erase the fact that they are still your family & whether you believe it or see it all the time they do love you.
Yeah that's just a little bit of what I've learned. But the most important is that I've learned about Forgiveness. God has forgiven so many times & I just took it for granted...I took his grace for granted, but I see now just how amazing his grace really is! It's not just an insurance policy for heaven so that when I "mess up" I can make things right with God. Grace is a priviledge...not a right! God doesn't have to pour his grace out on us but he chooses to because he loves us & boy, am I ever thankful for that! Without God's grace I would be in an eternal burning hell, but through his grace I am forgiven, and by his grace I can overcome the temptations of this world and one day enter into an eternity of God's presence...HEAVEN! So I think about that song "Amazing Grace" alot lately & I am humbled. I don't deserve it...I'm so not worthy, but he loves me anyways. & he wants to be with me & have a relationship with me so badly that he is willing to forgive me...a sinner & teach me how to do what pleases him. I'm not perfect, far from it really. Like the old saying says..."I'm just a sinner saved by grace"..."not perfect, just forgiven" So to bring all my rambling to an end...

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.
Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved. How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers toils and snares, I have already come. Tis grace that brought me safe this far and grace will lead me on.
When we've been there ten-thousand years, bright shining as the sun. We know less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun."
I had to write this one in red b/c it reminds me of the blood of Jesus & without that blood...this Forgiveness and Grace wouldn't be possible. Thank you, Jesus for the sacrifice you gave so that I could be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment